[GEM-dev] error in building fresh from CVS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 4 20:25:05 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am building on a x86 mostly plain Debian/stable box with some testing
> packages.  I did a "cvs up -APd" right before trying to build", this
> error happens everytime I try:
>
> hans at walterpatricksmith:src > gcc --version
> checking whether compiler accepts "-mmmx"... yes
> checking whether compiler accepts "-msse2"... yes
>

> Configuration:
>   Compiler               : g++
>   CXXFLAGS               : -g -O2 -freg-struct-return -O3 -fno-builtin
> -falign-loops=16 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mmmx -msse2
> -I/usr/X11R6/include

> GemPixConvertSSE2.cpp: In function `void RGBA_to_UYVY_SSE2(unsigned char*,
>    unsigned int, unsigned char*)':
> GemPixConvertSSE2.cpp:200: internal compiler error: in push_reload, at
> reload.c
>    :1315
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions, see
> <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-3.3/README.Bugs>.
> make[1]: *** [GemPixConvertSSE2.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hans/cvs/pure-data/Gem/src/Base'
> make: *** [Base] Error 2

hmm, very weird.
i suggest to do as the error-message says and file a bug-report on gcc :-)

for now, it might help, if you just disabled SIMD entirely ("./configure
--without-SIMD") or selectively disable sse2-support (edit "Make.config"
_after_ running configure and delete the "-msse2" entry)

unfortunately i don't have any sarge machines running X at hand. (not
that i would need X to compile Gem but i don't want to install openGL on
the servers just for "fun")

mfg.asdr.