[GEM-dev] Compiling Gem from terminal on OSX: WAS: anyone have a recent G5

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri May 5 21:52:22 CEST 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 2:49 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> So after more wrestling I noticed this in the gem configure output:
>
> checking whether linker accepts "-bundle -bundle_loader no pd in /bin
> /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /opt/local/bin /usr/local/bin"... no

...sorry I've been incommunicado this week, but I had a performance
last night, and it's kentucky derby festival time 8^P

...starting sunday I'll be back to "normal", and will get the
configure/make stuff working again on osx...but as a quick hack for
you now, I wanted to point out that I no longer compile it as a
bundle, but rather as dynamiclib:  here's the current xcode 2.2 link
line:

/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Deployment/
Gem.pd_darwin -L/Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/Deployment -
L../../dev/libs -L../GemLibs/FTGL/mac/build -F/Users/tigital/
puredataDev/Gem/build/Deployment -F/Users/tigital/Library/Frameworks -
filelist /Users/tigital/puredataDev/Gem/build/GEM_darwin.build/
Deployment/gem_darwin.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Gem.LinkFileList -
framework AGL -framework Carbon -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL -
framework QuickTime -lftgl -arch ppc -Wl,-single_module -install_name
@executable_path/../Resources/extra/Gem.pd_darwin -dynamiclib -
mmacosx-version-min=10.3 -undefined dynamic_lookup -lz -lfreetype -
Xlinker -Y -Xlinker 100

...two things you'll have to do before you try this:

1.  in order to use "-undefined dynamic_lookup" you need to
"MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3" + the above
or...
2. change that to "-undefined suppress"

hth,
jamie