[GEM-dev] CVS Gem.linux load error: undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB Gem: can't load library

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon May 8 03:40:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

I know CVS is bleeding edge so this is just a little feedback. My
machine is an AMD64 FC4 machine running in 32-bit mode. I am using
pd-0.39-1 and Gem from CVS just moments ago (2006-05-07).

I had a working version of Gem installed except that I couldn't get my
camcorder to work with pix_video because it was looking at /dev/dv1394
for my device, where as it should be looking at /dev/dv1394/%d, or so I
think.

So I download and build the CVS Gem (I also had to ln -s
/usr/local/include/FTGL /usr/include/FTGL and remove the -msse2 flag to
get the thing to compile).

When I ran PD I got:
usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB
Gem: can't load library

What can I do to make this work?

Lastly, but not least, thank you (all) for writing such great software
and just giving it away. When I become famous (HA! Or at least get out
of debt!) I want to donate a bunch of money to all the opensource
packages I use!
-thewade