[GEM-dev] CVS Gem.linux load error: undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB Gem: can't load library

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue May 9 06:47:51 CEST 2006

Quoting John Harrison <john.harrison at wichita.edu>:

> BTW did I understand that you went from the ATI proprietary drivers
> to the open-source ATI drivers? Last I knew, the open-source ATI
> drivers didn't support direct rendering/3D hardware accel. Has this
> changed?
>
> -John

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 M10 and I discovered the r300 sourceforge
project (http://r300.sourceforge.net/) and then read somewhere that the
driver had become part of the xorg source (I think). Anyway the
propritary drivers were stopping me from using the CCRMA kernel and
they didn't really seem to speed much up - probably because I don't
really know enough about what I am doing.

I was told to run quake as a benchmark but I never got around to it.

Now I am trying to do some projection work for some dancers and I need
to get gem working with my DV camera while disabeling as little as I
can within GEM. I am curious if that little line or two of code I added
will allow Gem to find my camera.

I just ran yum update xorg*  and 13 packages were updated but I still
get the error. What are you all using as your display managers?
Any tips?
Thanks!

-thewade