[GEM-dev] pix_video again

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon May 15 14:26:39 CEST 2006

On 5/15/06, Erich Berger <eb at randomseed.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i was just sitting in front of the machine (minimac)
> and watching the pd processes while my
> friends app is running.

Intel or G4 Mini?

the memory use increases about a rate of 1MB per minute.

> her movie codec
> is: integer(big endian), animation.
> she took this as a choice to get the
> the alpha channel - did you test this as well ?
> audio: linear pcm 44.100

I have used Animation recently (on Intel in fact) and did not see such a
leak.

can you recommend a codec with alpha were
> you had no problems ?
> if we get the same results then we can at least rule out the codecs.

Animation is probably the best choice when a pre rendered alpha is needed.

maybe there is a leak somewhere else,
> she is using additionally:
>
> text2d

This is a possible culprit as it is part of a lib we do not write ourselves.

pix_alpha

There is no memory allocation in this object.