Gem sucking whole CPU for no visible reason... intermitently WAS Re: [GEM-dev] Re: [PD-dev] oprofile - streamlining Pd/gem patch

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed May 17 12:14:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 17:52 -0500, chris clepper wrote:
> I think you need a better profiler which traces the calls.  Just
> listing the libs is only marginally more useful than top.

asking for a better profiler is absolutely nonsense ... oprofile is
perfectly able to trace calls, if the binary contains these
information ...

http://oprofile.sourceforge.net/examples/

hth ... tim

--
TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say
"I want to see the manager."
  William S. Burroughs