Gem sucking whole CPU for no visible reason... intermitently WAS Re: [GEM-dev] Re: [PD-dev] oprofile - streamlining Pd/gem patch

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed May 17 15:04:33 CEST 2006

Here you go chris,

It looks about the same to me though, the only gem functions I'm seeing
using a lot of CPU are colour conversion (I guess for the bttv capture)
and the rubber dynamics stuff.)

I don't understand how the CPU keeps increasing over time, since since the
patch is locked in a cycle. The cycle does capture more and more frames
over time into a buffer though. But if I stop the cycle so no new buffers
are captures, the CPU stays at 100%.

The machine is now on a highspeed network so I can setup an account if
anyone has the time and knowledge to help me with this.

I'm working on the rest of the stuff now, testing projectors, getting the
touchscreen driver installed, trying some other nvidia drivers...

.b.