[GEM-dev] Gem pix_video dv1394 on Fedora Core 4

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun May 21 00:46:26 CEST 2006

Quoting Georg Holzmann <grhPD at gmx.at>:

> Hallo!
>
>> Fedora Core apparently does not use the devfs system and so the default
>> Gem cannot find my card. I have edited Pixes/videoDV4L.cpp line 195 to
>> use either /dev/dv1394/0 or /dev/raw1394 and in both cases everytime I
>> send the [driver 1< message to pix_video I get a seg fault.
>
> Hm ... that should work ... (but I didn't test it with the latest GEM...)
> you could also try the [device /dev/dv1394/0( message ...

I tried the following and each try was med with a seg fault:
device 1
device /dev/dv1394/0
device /dev/raw1394

Even stopping rendering (sending a 0 to the gem_win) creates a segfault
when the pix_video object is in the window (and no segfault if it's
not).

I guess I can't really report much till I have a fully functional gem.
As of now I am running gem with --disable-ARB and without the -msse2
compile flag. Both these issues are reported to be fixed in FC5 so I
should probably install FC5 (but I doubt that will fix the pix_video
problem).

Any tips for either getting pix_video to work in FC4, or for setting up
FC5 to work best with Gem?

Thanks again all,
-thewade