[GEM-dev] pix_image pix_video strange quality

>---------------<[O:O]>---------------< benjah at free.fr
Tue May 30 17:09:27 CEST 2006

Hi all gem dev,

I use GEM since 2-3 years (thanks thanks thanks) mainly on win (sorry)
and noticed a strange behavior regarding the quality of the image with
pix_video and pix_image : when it doesn't work fine, the image is as if
the depth color was only 8 bits (looks like a gif image with few colors)
whereas my screens are configured on 32 bits + I m' not able to load big
images with pix_image (I made test with .tiff, jpeg and different sizes
of images : other I get a blank texture, or the image is cropped and

when it works fine, the webcam image is nice, I can load images of any
size and any proportion combines with pix_texture (no need of pix_texture2)
what is strange is that it depends the fact that it works fine or not
seem to depend on the computer :  I use most GEM v0.90 Aug  3 2004 - Pd
0.39.2 from miller on xp pro : I tested several patchs on amd+nvidia,
intel+ati, intel+nvidia (same Pd and Gem version)
It works fine on amd sempron and nvidia 5200

I use more and more PD under Linux (debian, dyne, apodio), but I also
often work with students that are scared to do an installation under
linux if I'm not nearby
I tried to look in the list archive with no sucess
did this had already been noticed / discussed ?
thks 4 all
Benjamin

--
     ^