[GEM-dev] pix_share broken several ways

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:52:07 CEST 2006

Hi

I can no longer get pix_share to work the way I had originally written
the object.

First, the csize selection does not work.  On OSX it is fixed to 2 and
neither 4, r, R, or RGBA changes it.

Second, after the shm buffer is set there is no way to change the
size.  I get endless amounts of this:

pix_share_*: 2048x768x2: 3145728
pix_share_*: someone was faster: only got 1572864 bytes instead of 3145728
pix_share_*: shm:: id(131072) segsz(1572884) cpid (23205) mem(0x101F6000)

Someone was faster?  WTF?  I get that even after deleting the
pix_share_write object and recreating it.  Creating the object should
set up whatever I tell it to set up.

Finally, after setting up one shm buffer at an address I can no longer
create one at any other address.  I get this message:

pix_share_*: 2048x768x2: 3145728
error: pix_share_*: couldn't get shm_id: error 12

Again, I'm telling pix_share_write to create a shm buffer at a certain
address and of a certain size.  Why would it refuse to do this?

The code I checked in did not do this.  I cannot figure out what the
intended function of some of the code is and do not know how to make
changes other than reverting back to what I know works and continuing
from that point.

Thanks
cgc