[GEM-dev] pix-video again

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 8 17:12:09 CEST 2006

Studio Zodiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to get my DV camera to work with pix_video under linux.
>  I have to use Ubuntu.
>  I have tried different fixes I have seen on this list like commenting
>  out code in pix_videoNEW and the like.
>  I have also different versions of gem and created my nodes in /dev.
>  The console says: pix_videoNEW starting transfer.
>  It seems I am getting close to my goal only this is the error i now
>  get afterwards:
>
>  pix_texture:not using client storage

this is just a warning and not an error (and not related to dv-capturing
at all, just with texturing)
do you compile the current CVS? (if so, why did you define DEBUG_ME in
pix_texture.cpp? - else you shouldn't see this message)

what else do you get?
no image? (does a [pix_info] connected to the [pix_video] output any
sensible dimensions?)
blue/green image?

mfg.adsr