[GEM-dev] pix-video again

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 8 18:28:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Studio Zodiak wrote:

> I am trying to get my DV camera to work with pix_video under linux. I
> have to use Ubuntu. I have tried different fixes I have seen on this
> list like commenting out code in pix_videoNEW and the like.

I tried to port [pix_video] to GridFlow [#in dv1394], but found out that I
had to change a bunch of #defines that now have an extra "IOC_" in the
name, and then it froze my computer twice in a row. I could try to fix the
code, at the cost of rebooting every 10 minutes, but I'd rather not use a
driver so brittle. Then I learned that this driver is not maintained
anymore and that a user-space equivalent exists, based on libraw1394.

Next time that I try working on DV support for GF I'll try going through
libraw1394, and if it works, then we could sit together to retranslate it
into GEM, if using [#export_pix] is not sufficient.