[GEM-dev] pix_share broken several ways

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 9 11:20:14 CEST 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2006, at 2:48 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> i agree that it might be better to just have one big #ifdef _APPLE__
>> #endif instead of 4 of them
>> would you change it or should i do it? (and honestly, i much prefer an
>> #ifdef over an #ifndef for readability)
>
> ...either way, I think that one problem with setCSizeByFormat() is that
> it tries to also set type & format (ie. on macppc we want "GL_BGRA"
> instead of "GL_RGBA", yet we want to be lazy and not add an #ifdef to
> all instances of "setCSizeByFormat(GL_RGBA) in GEM...guess this means we
> need a little rewrite for macintel, too), but only returns "csize"...

actually i quite like the way it is done right now: require an rgba
format and get what the system thinks is the best match for rgba.
however, it might be better if we would use our own defines like:
GEM_RGBA (which is GL_RGBA or GL_ARGB or whatever)

i also like that setCSizeByFormat() sets the csize and the format (after
all, that is the idea of the function).
the return value (csize) is just for convenience: if you need to know
the format and the csize, they should be queried explicitely via
imageStruct.csize and imageStruct.format

mfg.asdr