[GEM-dev] configure on OSX

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 15 14:14:50 CEST 2006

Quoting geiger <geiger at xdv.org>:

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> i just checked and noticed that "which pd" (which is used to determine
>> where the pd-executable lives if no "--with-pd" is used) on osx returns
>>   something like the following (on stdout instead of stderr) on failure:
>> "no pd in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin"
>> and a positive error code!
>
> A positive error code means that it failed, only 0 stands for success.
> Or maybe I just misunderstand what you want to say.

with "positive" i meant the same return code as "true". and not a
return value >0.

so the following script will always print "ok" on os-x:
<script>
if which pd > /dev/null
then
echo ok
else
echo ko
fi
</scritp>

while on linux it will print "ok" if it finds pd and "ko" if it does
not find it.

mfg.asdr.