[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] PD on Mac-Intel

Cefn Hoile lists.puredata.info at cefn.com
Mon Jul 10 03:29:22 CEST 2006

Did anyone succeed at getting PD and Gem to run on Intel Mac?

I'm currently stuck with the following dependency missing. I'm
running on Mac OS X intel 10.4.7 trying to build the Gem.pd_darwin
component suitable for this platform.

PD builds and runs OK with a few mods, but the powerpc version of the
Gem 'extra' I built on PowerPC is understandably not very happy,
hence I'm trying from source.

Thoughts how to fix this problem? There doesn't appear to be a file
named like this anywhere obvious. My configure call looked like...

./configure --disable-SIMD --disable-sse2 --disable-mmx

and I had to delete Base/GemPixConvertSSE2.cpp to get rid of some
spurious errors so far.

make
make -C Base -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Controls -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Geos -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Manips -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C MarkEx -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Nongeos -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Particles -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make -C Pixes -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
filmQT4L.cpp:19:25: error: colormodels.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [filmQT4L.d] Error 1
make: *** [Pixes] Error 2