[GEM-dev] Gem for Pd-extended

hans at eds.org hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 27 16:11:53 CEST 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 3:38 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> hans at eds.org wrote:
>> I would like to included Gem in the Pd-extended auto-builds.
>> Anyone up for trying it out?  The compile farm is already
>> automatically syncing to the pd-gem CVS every night.  Another
>> option is to import a snapshot into the pure-data CVS and build it
>> from there.
>
> i prefer the former (pulling pd-gem instead of mirroring it into
> pure-data).
>
> anyhow, i am "up for trying it out", which steps are required on my
> side?

I think the best way to go about it is to add "gem" and "gem_install"
targets to packages/Makefile or packages/linux_make/Makefile.
Ideally it would go in the first one since that's used on all
platforms.  The second option is for things that are platform-
specific.  Then that "gem" and "gem_install" targets just need to be
added to the  "all" and "install" targets.

Does ./configure work on all platforms?  That would make life much
easier.  Also, since the WinXP auto-build machine is MinGW-based, it
would be quite handy to have ./configure working on MinGW also.

I am working on getting the auto-builds to report failures via email,
so people know when they broke something.  I am thinking that these
emails would then go to pd-dev.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler