[GEM-dev] Gem for Pd-extended

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 27 17:31:26 CEST 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:22 AM, hans at eds.org wrote:

>>> From my experience it only works on Linux.
>>
>> Wasn't there some talk to making ./configure work on Mac OS X?
>
> ...it used to work, but then I switched back to using xcode...however,
> some time ago, I did say I'd get it running again, so I guess I should
> work on that :-\
>
> ...my question would be:  how am I supposed to deal with the freetype
> and FTGL dependencies?  FTGL is no longer in development, so maybe we do
> need to put it in cvs/GemLibs?  I've generally used a non-standard

i would rather say, FTGL does what it should do and is therefore "done".
imo, the best thing would be, if the autocompiling machine (no matter
whether it is linux, osx or w32) has FTGL and freetype installed as
prerequisites.

> development environment, where freetype isn't installed in /usr/local or
> wherever, but instead I use a ~/dev/libs folder for all my self-compiled
> libs...this is mainly because it allows me more control over whether
> they are dylibs (and what the install_name is) or statics...

which in theory could be handled via proper -I/-L flags to the
compiler/linker.

mfga.sdr.