[GEM-dev] Gem for Pd-extended

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jul 27 18:02:33 CEST 2006

hey Io!

...great to see ya back from vacation:  hope ya had a good time...

On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:31 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i would rather say, FTGL does what it should do and is therefore
> "done".

...yeh, totally agree, since we have no problems atm...

> imo, the best thing would be, if the autocompiling machine (no
> matter whether it is linux, osx or w32) has FTGL and freetype
> installed as prerequisites.

...that makes since:  hans and I've been chatting and think we should
import the latest working versions of freetype (2.1.10) and FTGL into
GemLibs...or at least FTGL, since that's not available via cvs
anywhere else...

>> development environment, where freetype isn't installed in /usr/
>> local or wherever, but instead I use a ~/dev/libs folder for all
>> my self-compiled libs...this is mainly because it allows me more
>> control over whether they are dylibs (and what the install_name
>> is) or statics...
>
> which in theory could be handled via proper -I/-L flags to the
> compiler/linker.

...yeh, I guess this would just be explicitly linking to *.a instead
of *.dylib...

...I just went to the freetype site, and noticed that there's now a
2.2.1 in addition to the 2.1.10 series:  anyone try it out with gem/
ftgl yet?

...maybe we should meet up on irc?

jamie