[GEM-dev] autoconf os-X (working)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Aug 11 11:16:27 CEST 2006

chris clepper wrote:
> There are some issues with this.
>
> - We don't use the X11 GL at all.  It should be the OpenGL and AGL
> frameworks
> - FTGL should not use the X11 GL either

that's actually just one point: i only used X11-GL for building FTGL;
(that's a problem with FTGL's configure-script which is meant for "unix"
but not really of "osX"; the script is looking for "GL/gl.h" and fails
if it cannot find it)

Gem itself is built using the OpenGL/AGL frameworks.

> - freetype and FTGL are linked statically

this is known (note that i only linked freetype dynamically, while i
linked ftgl statically).

for better checking, i repeat my question: how do i check the dynamic
linkage dependencies of a binary on osx?

i still think that it will be easiest to provide the binaries for
freetype2 and ftgl in the GemLibs-OSX-10.4.tgz

nfga.dsr