[GEM-dev] rendering mistakes/bug

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Aug 11 20:44:07 CEST 2006

hey,

On Aug 11, 2006, at 5:09 AM, Erich Berger wrote:
> when one uses alpha (alpha makes the bug visible) on a cube or
> cuboid (thats the geos i tested),
> and switches with the draw messages to wireframe and back the
> rendering
> of the objects becomes wrong.
> it actually is already enough to only send a draw fill message to
> mess it up. attached you find a patch to demonstrate it.

...luckily, it's not so much a bug, as it is an odd
implementation ;-)  The default draw style of cube is GL_QUADS, and
you can get this either by [draw default< or [draw Quads<

[draw fill< actually switches it to GL_POLYGON...so this may point
out that we need a different order of vertices/faces to create the
expected shading...

jamie