[GEM-dev] autoconf os-X (working)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Aug 12 01:19:27 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2006, at 2:56 PM, james tittle wrote:
>>
>>> for better checking, i repeat my question: how do i check the
>>> dynamic linkage dependencies of a binary on osx?
>>
>> otool -L name.dylib will show dependent libs, or "otool -L  libftgl.a"
>> will show object files included...

thanks jamie

> That's already handled by the Pd-extended build system.  Once the  build
> is done, it automatically finds all the needed dylibs and  includes them
> from Fink.

the answer to my question is not handled by pd-extended.
i was simply interested in how to obtain this dylib information on os-x
(totally unrelated to pd)

>>> i still think that it will be easiest to provide the binaries for
>>> freetype2 and ftgl in the GemLibs-OSX-10.4.tgz
>>

>> ...I agree:  we really just need a correctly built libftgl.a in
>> GemLibs/libs...but I'm
>

> Like I said before, checking in binaries is a really bad idea.  If  the

i was not talking about putting these into CVS but as a "dependencies
package" downloadable from the homepage.

> code is "done", it should be simple to automate the building.   This
> will lead to less work in the long run.

volunteers?

>> sick with some unknown (yet) swelling of the lymph nodes in my  neck,
>> and can't do much...
>
> Get well soon!

best wishes from here too...

mfg.sa