[GEM-dev] autoconf os-X (working)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Aug 12 00:48:31 CEST 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:19 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> otool -L name.dylib will show dependent libs, or "otool -L
>>> libftgl.a" will show object files included...
>
> thanks jamie
>
>> That's already handled by the Pd-extended build system.  Once the
>> build is done, it automatically finds all the needed dylibs and
>> includes them from Fink.
>
> the answer to my question is not handled by pd-extended.
> i was simply interested in how to obtain this dylib information on
> os-x (totally unrelated to pd)

Sorry, I am tired, I misread...

The big advantage of Fink is that the dependencies are automatically
included.  Also, right now the only Pd-extended dependency not in
Fink is Jack.  I just noticed that Jack is now in Fink, so the
Framework can be replaced.

Of course, y'all can handle this however you want, but for the
compile farm, Fink and compiling out of CVS are the only supported
method of installing deps.

.hc