[GEM-dev] motion blur

Erich Berger eb at randomseed.org
Wed Aug 16 13:43:00 CEST 2006

hi,

i m trying to follow the possibilities of motion blur
or drawing traces (without single buffering) as it was
discussed a while ago:

i m consulting the redbook in terms of motion blur.
this is really vage territory for me ...
in chapter 10 section accumulation buffer there is
one possibility described.
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~unreal/theredbook/chapter10.html (find motion
blur).
is it possible to realize that with the GEMgl objects ?
i guess whats missing in the gem-code is the setup of the accumulation
buffer in GemWinCreateXWin.cpp or can this be done also after window
creation with the gl objects ?

another trail on a similar subject:

in http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2003-09/000138.html
its quite a while
did anyone (ben) test this successfully ?
-------------
The "clearmask N" message can be passed to a gemwin to set the clearing
behaviour.  "N" is simply cached and passed directly in the glClear call -
generate it using the GLdefine mechanism and  GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT,
GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT etc..

[GEMglClear] can be used in other gemlists to control buffer clearing.

what is N in this description ?

would be great if sombody could help me a few steps further.

best

erich