[GEM-dev] motion blur

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 19 18:50:41 CEST 2006

Hallo,
chris clepper hat gesagt: // chris clepper wrote:

> On 8/19/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> >
> >Thanks for your help. I tried with the Cube now, so far only on my
> >Matrox, where I get the same results: CPU usage goes up to 99-100
> >percent immediatly. The patch seems to run fine otherwise...
>

> Sounds like a Matrox problem.  On my nearly obsolete Powerbook the patch
> takes under 3% CPU with the cube.  Your system might be downloading the
> textures to the CPU for manipulation and then uploading them again.  This is
> the same as using pix_snap followed by pix_texture.

This sounds quite sensible. I now also tested the cube-version on my
Intel-laptop. I also get very high load, though only about 80 percent)
and crappy performance. Disabling the gemhead of the snap2tex lets CPU
usage drop to about zero immediatly.

Maybe it's a problem with the OpenGL libraries or with AGP on my
systems. One is a Debian, the other an Ubuntu box, and I didn't do any
special configuration.

Maybe some other Debian/Linux users can give some hints here?
IOhannes, you are running Debian as well, btu I guess with NVidia...

Ciao