[GEM-dev] multitexture unit shader issues

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:08:10 CEST 2006

It looks like the key to getting shaders working with multiple texture units
has to do with the texture target geometry knowing about the proper texture
coordinates.  A while ago SetVertex()  was modified to set up the first 8
multitexture coordinates.  Right now only square uses this call as far as I
can tell.  All of the Geos could be changed to use this function or a
different SetTexCoord() one could be made to deal with the
glMultiTexCoord2fARB calls.  The code would be pretty ugly if each Geo added
7 more texture calls per vertex otherwise.

Also, I quickly added a 'texunit' message and glActiveTextureARB() call the
pix_texture which allows for the use of multiple texture units in shaders
without pix_multitexture.  I don't know if this is duplicate work or goes
against plan, but it seems pretty straightforward when working with shaders.

cgc