[GEM-dev] GemException changes not approved by MSVC 2003

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 22:13:47 CEST 2006

I haven't updated the Base classes in about two weeks and the change made to
GemException has made MSVC very unhappy.  It throws a warning about public
std::exception for each and every class compiled.  The warning is C4275: no
dll-interface class 'exception' used as base for dll-interface class
'GemException'.  Webpage here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3tdb471s.aspx

I have no idea what this really means.  MS doesn't have a runtime exception
for use with DLLs?  Should I just do the pragma to shut the warning off?

cgc