[GEM-dev] continueRender weirdness?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Aug 10 18:08:50 CEST 2006

hi IO,

On Aug 10, 2006, at 4:18 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> however, i don't see any relation between a large model to be
> loaded and the behaviour of continueRender().

...yeh, size was the most obvious difference at first...I've now
tried it with the venus.obj and don't get the same behaviour, tho, so
maybe it's a problem with the model in general?

> is there anything else in the patch where the continueRender()
> might be called more often than once in a render cycle (esp.
> [part_info] or [part_render])?

...no, this is just a "[gemhead]->[vertex_model]->[vertex_draw]"-
kinda patch ;-)  I did notice that there were somethings that were
multiple-y connected to inlets (ie. old chains that had been "short-
circuited" from the gemhead without being removed from the latter
active chain)...by this, I mean that I had a [vertex_program] between
[gemhead] and [vertex_model], and to test it without
[vertex_program], I just disconnected [gemhead]->[vertex_program] and
connected [gemhead]->[vertex_model], but left [vertex_program] still
connected to [vertex_model]'s inlet...doesn't seem like that should
have any effect, right?

...anyway, this means I need to keep working on this stuff, anyway...

jamie