[GEM-dev] Re: Windows and MacIntel binaries

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 19:18:53 CEST 2006

On 9/14/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> chris clepper wrote:
> > Do we create a generic context like on
> > the Mac for Windows (and possibly Linux)?
>
> i thought so, but i haven't checked.

I don't know WGL at all, but it doesn't look too awful (like that mess of
Apple code).

e.g. the example patch 02.advanced/18.gl_shading_language.pd does work
> here (though there are probably more elaborate examples of how shaders
> can be used)

Does it work on your Windows machine though?  The shader ID values I'm
getting are huge and  well beyond what a float can represent in 23 bits.  I
think it would link just fine if the IDs were like 1 or 4 (typical Mac ones)
and not 536870913 !!