[GEM-dev] Gem compile dies on glDeleteBuffersARB

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 14 20:13:03 CEST 2006

Also, it would make the Pd-extended build stuff much, much cleaner
if ./configure produced reasonable defaults which compiled on most
systems.  Otherwise I have to kludge my way into having separate
settings for each platform.

.hc

On Sep 14, 2006, at 1:13 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> I think it does work on Linux, but apparently not with whatever GL
> setup you have.  GL on Linux is a crapshoot beyond Nvidia drivers.
>
> I do agree that vertex_ objects should not be built by default
> since there is still some 'discussion' about how they should work.
>
> On 9/14/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org > wrote:
>
> Ok, but if it only works on Apple, then shouldn't it be disabled by
> default on GNU/Linux?  Most ./configure build systems will build
> properly just given a ./configure && make   I think it would make
> for a lot less help emails to the list if Gem built automatically
> like that, then other features were enabled using the --enable- flags.
>
> .hc

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith