[GEM-dev] ./configure build on apple dies with imagemagick errors

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Sep 15 13:24:27 CEST 2006

hi.

i would very much like to invite the both of you to calm down.

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Actually, IOhannes told me to use ./configure for Mac OS X.  xcodebuild

yes i told you so, and i still think it is the best way to do (but of
course i am no native os-x developer): it is one way to do a unified
build system on all platforms (which is just perfect for your autobuild
farm)

i have not experienced any problems, when using autoconf myself on a
vanilla OSX system (no fink involved).

but clearly you have triggered a bug: it seems like __unix__ is not
defined on your system.

could you try changing pix_image:23 from
"#ifdef __unix__"
"#if defined __linux__ || defined __APPLE__"

and see whether this fixes the problem?

> also died on some error.
>
> As for fixing Gem problems, if I had the time, I would.  I think I do
> enough work on Pd to excuse myself from this one.  If you guys don't
> want to help with the auto-builds, then I'll stop now.  But I thought

i, for my part, am very thankful that you take the time and energy to do
as you do.

> this was in your interest as well.

i will have a look at it asap; the problem is, that right now i am
covered in work (2 projects will start next week, one being way from
half finished, the other one has not even been started; and the semester
is nearing, and ...)

mfg.,adsr