[GEM-dev] Gem compile dies on glDeleteBuffersARB

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Sep 15 15:00:04 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Also, it would make the Pd-extended build stuff much, much cleaner if
> ./configure produced reasonable defaults which compiled on most

funnily enough, i have hardly any problems whenever i try to compile Gem
on machines not belonging to me.
so i guess that configure _does_ produce reasonable defaults.

as for the sse2-stuff: since i consider this a compiler bug, i would
rather have the compiler fixed as finding some configure magic to find
out whether the given compiler will be able to compile or not.

as for vertex stuff: yes i agree that this module probably should be
disabled by default for now.

in general: i can only fix things in configure if i know about any
problems there. i haven't had a problem with the Vertex module for ages
(an YES, it does work on linux; but i really have nvidia-glx-dev
installed on all the machines i am working with pd at)

> systems.  Otherwise I have to kludge my way into having separate
> settings for each platform.

mfg.asdr