[GEM-dev] ./configure build on apple dies with imagemagick errors

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Sep 18 16:11:16 CEST 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 8:56 AM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 9/18/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Pixes/pix_filmDarwinYUV.o malformed object, illegal
> reference for -dynamic code (reference to a coalesced section
> (__TEXT,__textcoal_nt) from section (__TEXT,__eh_frame) relocation
> entry (20))
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [Gem.pd_darwin] Error 1
> make: *** [/Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/packages/../Gem/src/
> Gem.pd_darwin] Error 2
>
> pix_filmDarwinYUV no longer exists.  It is not in CVS head.

Its building now, both on my machine, and in the auto-builder Tiger
box last night.  I forgot to include the line to install Gem, so it
won't show up in the auto-build binary package until tomorrow.  Since
we are on this topic, I'd like to see if we can get Gem to use the
fink-installed deps.  The auto-build configure looks like this
(PowerMac G4/10.4.7):

   image-support
     use ImageMagick      : no (forced)
     use TIFF             : no
     use JPEG             : no
   video-support
     use mpeg             : no
     use mpeg-3           : no
     use QuickTime        : yes (framework)
     use aviplay          : no
     use ffmpeg           : no
   input-support
     use v4l              : no
     use ieee1394         : no

   misc
     using ARB-extensions : yes
     using NV-extensions  : no
     using reg-struct-ret : yes

On my machine, it looks like this (PowerBookG4 10.4.7):

   image-support
     use ImageMagick      : no (forced)
     use TIFF             : no
     use JPEG             : yes
   video-support
     use mpeg             : yes
     use mpeg-3           : no
     use QuickTime        : yes (framework)
     use aviplay          : no
     use ffmpeg           : no
   input-support
     use v4l              : no
     use ieee1394         : yes

   misc
     using ARB-extensions : yes
     using NV-extensions  : yes
     using reg-struct-ret : yes

- libjpeg wasn't installed on the auto-build machine, but libmpeg
was, but it didn't find it... any ideas?

- libtiff was installed on both using Fink, but neither found it.

- ffmpeg is installed on both too, but luck there

- I can't figure out what's installed on my machine to enable
ieee1394 and NV-extensions.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith