[GEM-dev] ./configure build on apple dies with imagemagick errors

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 18 17:13:24 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Its building now, both on my machine, and in the auto-builder Tiger box

fine

> last night.  I forgot to include the line to install Gem, so it won't
> show up in the auto-build binary package until tomorrow.  Since we are
> on this topic, I'd like to see if we can get Gem to use the
> fink-installed deps.  The auto-build configure looks like this (PowerMac
> G4/10.4.7):
>
>   image-support
>     use ImageMagick      : no (forced)
>     use TIFF             : no
>     use JPEG             : no
>   video-support
>     use mpeg             : no
>     use mpeg-3           : no
>     use QuickTime        : yes (framework)
>     use aviplay          : no
>     use ffmpeg           : no
>   input-support
>     use v4l              : no
>     use ieee1394         : no
>
>   misc
>     using ARB-extensions : yes
>     using NV-extensions  : no
>     using reg-struct-ret : yes
>
> On my machine, it looks like this (PowerBookG4 10.4.7):
>
>   image-support
>     use ImageMagick      : no (forced)
>     use TIFF             : no
>     use JPEG             : yes
>   video-support
>     use mpeg             : yes
>     use mpeg-3           : no
>     use QuickTime        : yes (framework)
>     use aviplay          : no
>     use ffmpeg           : no
>   input-support
>     use v4l              : no
>     use ieee1394         : yes
>
>   misc
>     using ARB-extensions : yes
>     using NV-extensions  : yes
>     using reg-struct-ret : yes
>

> - libjpeg wasn't installed on the auto-build machine, but libmpeg was,
> but it didn't find it... any ideas?
>
> - libtiff was installed on both using Fink, but neither found it.
>
> - ffmpeg is installed on both too, but luck there

actually this shouldn't matter at all.
apple's quicktime api should provide everything that
jpeg/tiff/mpeg/ffmpeg/... provide too, so there is really no reason to
use these.
as a matter of fact, i don't think anybody has ever tried any of these
libraries on os-x (with Gem i mean)

> - I can't figure out what's installed on my machine to enable ieee1394
> and NV-extensions.

i think this is ignored on osx anyhow.

mf.asdr