[GEM-dev] Gem/OSX auto-build works, but then...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 20 16:55:38 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I just thought of something.  Does Gem need the -flat_namespace option?
>
> "-bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace"
>
> The rest of Pd-extended is compiled with
>
> "-bundle -bundle_loader=/path/to/pd/bin/pd"
>
> This by default uses the Mac OS X two-level namespace, and checked to
> make sure the symbols exist.

as a complete noob on os-x linking, i totally trust jamie here: he came
up with the bundle-loader and _deprecated_ it in favour of flat-namespace.
i guess the correct way would be, to make the other externals use
flat-namespace too.
probably he can tell you more about it.

btw: this has _nothing_ to do with the problem you were experiencing:
the "HaveValidContext" function has been used on OSX, to avoid crashes.
this has now been fixed otherwise (by creating a helper openGL context),
and therefore HaveValidContext() has been removed from all files.
however, it has been forgotten in Vertex/vertex_model.cpp - i have fixed
this now.

mfg.asdr