[GEM-dev] Fwd: pd-macosx104-powerpc.idmi.poly.edu Pd-Darwin pd-extended build results 2006-09-21 03.15.00

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Sep 22 03:42:40 CEST 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 1:51 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> For some reason, --with-pd seems to have stopped working:
>>

> took me a while to understand this.
>
> your problem is, that Make automatically calls aclocal, autoconf and
> configure if it needs it.
> now yesterday i changed both acinclude.ac and configure.ac
> so what happened is this:
>
> you executed "./configure --with-your-flags && make"
>
> which resulted in:
> ~> ./configure --with-your-flags
> ~> make
> ~   > aclocal
> ~   > autoconf
> ~   > ./configure
> ~   > make
>
> thus calling ./configure a second time without arguments (and
> therefore
> ignoring the --with-pd
>
> i currently don't know how to fix this (and cannot investigate it till
> next week)
>
> nevertheless, since you now have created a recent-enuff "configure"
> file, it should work now.

No such luck, everything is wiped clean back to CVS each night before
the build.

But aclocal can be called in packages/Makefile before autoconf.
Which file does aclocal generate?  Also, it would be much easier to
automate if the products of aclocal and autoconf where not checked
into CVS (i.e. configure, makefile, or whatever).

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.