[GEM-dev] FYI: auto-build Gem on OSX Fink libs

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:20:28 CEST 2006

On 9/29/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> Is there a way to enable static linking, at least for some libraries? It
> doesn't matter much that the gem .so becomes bigger, as long as it's not
> so much bigger, and that it's easier to carry around.

On the platform in question, OSX, freetype and FTGL are statically linked.
Quicktime and OpenGL are defaults in every OSX install.  We have
incorporated code like GLEW and the model loader directly into the source
tree.

There is nothing to install for GEM on OSX beyond having a working Pd and
dropping the Gem.pd_darwin in the extra folder.