[GEM-dev] (no subject)

Stefano Papetti papetti at sci.univr.it
Thu Oct 5 17:47:10 CEST 2006

No problem for the harshness...

Puckette himself told me (by email of course) to use 0.40 when I was
wondering why my externals didn't work with Pd 0.39-2 on a Intel Mac. They
compiled but then didn't work. Conversely, they did with Win and Linux!
Puckette told me there were problems in 0.39 on Mac Intels.
But, of course, Pd 0.39-2 starts, and to some degree works on Intel Macs.

Still, note that every external I compiled with previous versions of Pd
works also in 0.40 with Windows and Linux. This means that, as I already
said, the 0.40 has something new about IMacs, and the 0.39 has something
wrong. Not your GEM version! Rather: thank you for it, it's the only
actual way to use GEM on Intel Macs... but unfortunately not jointly with
my externals...