[GEM-dev] Gem build error on Mac OS X 10.4

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 6 17:19:19 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> so i would _strongly_ recommend such restrictive settings (the problem
>> is, that while disabling X will disable X11 for now, but with the
>> first dependency on X11 it crawls back in)
>

> I added that long string of --without-?? flags to packages/Makefile.

thanks. (though i think it compiled fine the last days, after i disabled
 the default quicktime/lqt check when the QuickTime-framework was found)

> Ideally, that stuff would all be disabled automatically, so that a
> ./configure --with-pd=/path/to/pd would be all that is necessary.

i think we disagree here.
./configure --with-pd=/path/to/pd should be able to build a running
version of Gem (here we agree (and this did not work!)), but there is no
need to ignore available libraries on the building machine for the sake
of packaging (for machines that lack this dylibs).
this is what we have the configure-flags for...

> Speaking of ./configure on Mac OS X, anyone tried a Universal Binary of
> Gem yet?

in theory it is just adding 2 flags to the compiler/linker, isn't it?

mfg.adr