[GEM-dev] ArToolkitPlus -> Pure Data - Gem

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sun Oct 22 23:25:19 CEST 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Shigeyuki Hirai wrote:

> I've already built the ARToolKit external for GEM for Max/MSP.

...egad, hadn't thought about that project in awhile!  Actually was
instrumental in getting me to work on GEM for pd...

> # I had a chance to demonstrate it for Miller Puckette in June.
>
> The name of external is "pix_artoolkit", which uses old version of
> artoolkit (not artoolkitplus).
> Please have a look at following urls.
>
> http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~hirai/max/pix_artoolkit_running.png
> http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~hirai/max/pix_artoolkit_help.png
> http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~hirai/max/particle1.png
> http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~hirai/max/particle2.png
> http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~hirai/max/particle3.png

...nice pictures, would be even better to see it in motion (as
always)...

> I haven't released it yet, because of a few issue, managing gem
> images, using latest version, ...

...hehe, we've all written code that has a "few issue"'s, so don't
let that hold you back...plus ya never know, maybe someone else can
more easily solve problems you are seeing...

> If my sourcecode of pix_artoolkit is useful for the artoolkitplus
> external, I will joint the davide morell's work for pd-gem.

...maybe make your source available from cvs somewhere?  There
definitely is a vocal desire for this package to get into pd!

tanx,
jamie