[GEM-dev] GemPixConvertAltivec...

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 30 16:44:33 CET 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 4:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

...snip...

> the change is in GemPixConvertAltivec:669 ( in
> YUV422_to_BGRA_altivec()
> ), where i changed the type from  (vector signed int) to (vector
> unsigned int)
>
> this might have weird side effects, or might as well not.
> i am pretty sure, that there are still some more type errors - let's
> wait for tomorrow's autobuild log....

...good idea, I'd already tried it, and indeed it does have weird
side effects, so I didn't commit it :-P  It screwed with the
brightness levels, especially at lower values...maybe some
compensation could make it work, but I haven't found it...

...in any event, I'm still poking around on it!

> PS: oh, and i finally found a solution for the weird "\p" character
> warning in GemWinCreateMac: add "-fpascal-strings" to the CXXFLAGS.

...cool!  I've got some more flags I'd like to add to the configure
process on mac, now that I'm trying to compile Gem that
way...basically, I'm starting to switch from xcode for gem:  it's
funny how one unsolvable error (which has been around for awhile) can
be the final straw...

jamie