[GEM-dev] GemPixConvertAltivec...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 30 18:26:26 CET 2006

james tittle wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 4:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> this might have weird side effects, or might as well not.
>> i am pretty sure, that there are still some more type errors - let's
>> wait for tomorrow's autobuild log....
>
> ...good idea, I'd already tried it, and indeed it does have weird side
> effects, so I didn't commit it :-P  It screwed with the brightness

darn, i should have known...

> levels, especially at lower values...maybe some compensation could make
> it work, but I haven't found it...
>
> ...in any event, I'm still poking around on it!

so should i revert the changes (so it works again at least with more
tolerant compilers) or should we just wait for you to come up with a
real solution?

>> PS: oh, and i finally found a solution for the weird "\p" character
>> warning in GemWinCreateMac: add "-fpascal-strings" to the CXXFLAGS.
>
> ...cool!  I've got some more flags I'd like to add to the configure
> process on mac, now that I'm trying to compile Gem that way...basically,
> I'm starting to switch from xcode for gem:  it's funny how one

good to hear. i think that the configure-stuff has become pretty usable
(esp. since configure-flags are preserved over configure-regenerations)

> unsolvable error (which has been around for awhile) can be the final
> straw...

what would that be? (i thought the pascal-strings is really cosmetic
(though probably not))

mfg.adsr