[GEM-dev] GemPixConvertAltivec...

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 30 19:02:59 CET 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 12:26 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> so should i revert the changes (so it works again at least with more
> tolerant compilers) or should we just wait for you to come up with a
> real solution?

...well, revert for the moment, unless you absolutely need a working
10.3 compatible binary...I'll be working on it over the next while,
but it's hard to say when inspiration arrives while sitting up in the
hospital ;-\

>> unsolvable error (which has been around for awhile) can be the final
>> straw...
>
> what would that be? (i thought the pascal-strings is really cosmetic
> (though probably not))

...there are some linker flags that are being forced which I have no
way of changing/manipulating, and it's currently preventing me to use
pix_2pdp/pdp2gem :-(  Ultimately, I still like xcode for gui editing,
but will be using it with the external configure/makefile for the
build system...

...the other flags I've fallen into using are:

-Os -fno-builtin -falign-loops=32 -falign-functions=32 -falign-
jumps=32 -freg-struct-return -mpowerpc-gfxopt

...-Os is preferred for optimized builds over -O2 or -O3, and -
mpowerpc-gfxopt is supposed to be a powerpc speed up...

jamie