[GEM-dev] GemPixConvertAltivec...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Oct 30 21:35:05 CET 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, james tittle wrote:

> ...-Os is preferred for optimized builds over -O2 or -O3,

Why? the GCC manual says that -Os is for "optimising for size", which
isn't exactly optimising for speed. If code size has such a positive
impact on speed, does that mean that the PowerPC caches are small and/or
the bus of the main RAM is slow ?

Btw, -Os disables most alignment optimisations. I thought that most
processors are quite sensitive to alignment; is that belief outdated?