[GEM-dev] GemPixConvertAltivec...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 31 12:44:12 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, james tittle wrote:
>>> ...-Os is preferred for optimized builds over -O2 or -O3,
>> Btw, -Os disables most alignment optimisations. I thought that most
>> processors are quite sensitive to alignment; is that belief outdated?
> no, i don't think so.
> that is the reason, why the other flags (-falign-loops=32
> -falign-functions=32 -falign-jumps=32) turn alignment on again.

Ah, but a majority of what -Os disables (according to the GCC manual) is
the alignment options; so instead of -Os, -O2 could be used, and it could
be figured out which of the remaining three options of -Os are making the
difference:

   -freorder-blocks
   -freorder-blocks-and-partition
   -fprefetch-loop-arrays