[GEM-dev] linux crashes with [pix_film] was Re: full test of curent cvs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 5 21:57:58 CET 2006

cyrille henry wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>> cyrille henry wrote:
>> do you have any small crasher examples so i could give it a try?
>
> you can find differents movie in
>
> http://dr.pichon.free.fr/temp/
>
> they all crash pix_movie on my computer.

one of them runs fine (DF13214123.MOV) here, 2 just produce nice noise
(threads-vid-3.mov, sable.mp4).
however, pdpod.avi crashes; this made me think of something and i
checked back with the configure-output you sent a while ago, and lo and
behold! it seems you are using libmpeg1.
when found, this is used as a last resort (when all other available libs
failed), because i was never able to make it stable (it often crashes
when it is not able to open a file correctly).
since you also have libmpeg3 installed, there is usually no need for
libmpeg1; i would disable it entirely (with "--disable-mpeg")

this will stop Gem from crashing (but you still won't be able to get
useful information from these files)

i don't want to disable libmpeg1 entirely (for people who don't have
e.g. libmpeg3)

mfgasdr.