[GEM-dev] Mac Remote GUI

Sebastian Heymann heimie at selective.de
Wed Nov 22 10:39:28 CET 2006

Hello List,

i am working on some additional gem externals for a little
performance in some weeks.
my target platform at the moment is an interl mac which is going to
do all the rendering work.
i want to control this machine from my laptop which is not powerful
enough to do the rendering.
so, the question is whether there is a way to do something like the
x11 way ie. running gem on
the fast machine and having the gui forwarded to the laptop using ssh.

pd-gui somehow uses only a port and no ip address as a parameter.
did someone deal with the same problem.

help is highly appreciated. otherwise i would have to port everything
to linux and get it
running there.

maybe i should post this to a general pd-list but perhaps i hope to
find better
results asking here.

regards,
sebastian