[GEM-dev] pix_filmDarwin...

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:44:24 CET 2006

The reason the two Darwin files exist has to do with the 'auto' mode
playback.  On the Mac the most efficient way to play Quicktime clips is to
have Quicktime do the tasking internally.   So rather than 'auto'
incrementing the frame counter every render call, these objects ask
Quicktime where the movie is currrently and update the frame counter.  This
is opposite of how the other formats work.

Also, movieDarwin has a reverse order of texturing then decompressing a
frame which makes the async DMA uploads work better.

A more unified code set would probably be better in the long run to
maintain, but I haven't figured out a way to reconcile the two without a
number of #ifdefs which is not that great a solution.