[GEM-dev] Re: pix_video and dv1394 capture on Edgy

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 04:45:01 CET 2006

Aaaargh, accidentally pressed "send" button...

The only thing left to report is that /dev tree has
dv1394/0
video/0
video -> video/0 symlink
raw1394

Modules loaded are the usual bunch ohci1394 ieee 1394 dv1394 raw1394. I also
tried manually modprobing video1394 with no effect.

/dev/ieee1394  tree is missing but recreating it manually
(/dev/ieee1394/.../in and .../out simply makes "device0" also work with the
same effect as described below.

0.90 gem is worse since it does not allow non-standard choice of devices but
it does not appear to be any better off than the 0.91.

Obviously this suggests that there is something fishy with Edgy, but the
question is what?

Any help is most appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ico