[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] pix_video and dv1394 capture on Dapper/Edgy/FC6

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:49:41 CET 2006

On 12/31/06, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still a bit confused why this is necessary (mode deals with
> "rectangle texturing" but since I was using the same version of pd/gem
> before and it worked without it, this is still IMHO very curious).

Did any graphics drivers change?  There seems to be a problem with some
configurations where rectangle textures are listed as supported but the
texture coordinates for them are not dealt with properly.  Coordinates for
rectangle textures are absolute pixel dimensions while 2D textures are
normalized from 0..1, which is why the rectangle coordinates give the one
big pixel effect.