[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] pix_video and dv1394 capture on Dapper/Edgy/FC6

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 20:21:25 CET 2006

On 12/31/06, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, are there any sideffects of running pix_texture this way or is
> this pretty much a transparent fix for this setup?

Rectangle textures improve performance quite a bit on the Mac, but don't
seem to do much on Windows or Linux.

P.S. Perhaps it would be nice to overhaul the documentation to reflect
> this important issue (it would've saved me 2 1/2 days of hacking :-)
> and if googling is any indicator of the current state I am sure others
> may benefit from it too. I'll gladly supply a new patch if someone
> could upload it to Gem CVS since I do not have dev access to it.

I'll have a look at the pix_texture code in the near future and see if we
can improve the default settings for texturing on each platform.